Here is a little Q&A inspired by Liz of Violet Posy.
Which living person do you most admire, and why?
- My sister! She was diagnosed with schizophrenia about 7 years ago. Ever since she has fought with courage to control her disease and regain control over her life, with success (and sometimes a set back). Schizophrenia is caused by an imbalance of the chemistry in one's brain. If you want to know more, follow this link to Wikipedia.
When were you happiest?
- I turned down H. at first. I let my emotions (in my case bad experiences in the past) lead me. One day I realized I was making the biggest mistake of my life. I am happy every time I realize, sending him that text message, was the best thing I've ever done.
What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Many years ago I was walking towards the centre of town on the sidewalk. In front there were a man and a woman. The weren't walking fast enough (for me). So I decided to pass them. I made a few steps on the pavement, passed them, got back on the side walk and ... fell on my back right in front of them. I still see that image, me lying on my back looking at them, they staring back at me LOL
Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
- My car. I own a Fiat Panda, it is my third car (in 20 years) after a Subaru Mini Jumbo and a Ford Ka (first model).
What is your most treasured possession?
- My mom had a beautiful ring made of her and my dad's wedding ring.
Where would you like to live?
- Lugano, Switzerland.
What’s your favourite smell?
- The smell of summer.
Who would play you in the film of your life?
- That would be a boring film!
What is your favourite book?
- All the books on interior decoration. Can't choose!
What is your most unappealing habit?
- I neglect to file my paperwork. After things are dealt with, I just put everything on one big pile.
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
- A Star Trek uniform. Beam me up Scotty!
What is your earliest memory?
- I think I remember seeing the house I own now for the first time. I was 10 months old when we moved, so I don't know if that is a genuine memory. I remember my mom dressing me for kindergarten!
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- French Fries!
What do you owe your parents?
- My good genes LOL. So about everything I guess.
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
- My mom! For not spending more time with her in the last 2 years of her life and for not "detecting" that something was wrong. I still I feel guilty!
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
What does love feel like?
- Like a warm coat with big pockets.
What was the best kiss of your life?
- Every time I kiss H.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- My and mine in connection with the house. As you know the house is my childhood home. I bought it before I met H. I still say my house! It's our house now.
What is the worst job you’ve done?
- My current job is my best and worst job. It is the only job I ever had!
What is the closest you’ve come to death?
- I haven't! Fortunately! I have seen death though, more then I care for! As you know I lost both my parents and I was present when my father in law passed away.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- I have always been proud of my financial independence. I have always been able to take care of myself and even buy a house (with a little help from my mom)
When did you last cry, and why?
- Last week! I missed my mom!
How do you relax?
- You all know. A nice magazine, sitting in the sun, sipping a coke! A lot of that is happening lately!
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
- We will have our terrace roofed (partly) next month, so we can sit outside when it is warm and raining.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
- That you can't always control life! Sometimes you just have to let things happen. Good or bad!